Dental veneers in Culver City are a popular cosmetic dentistry treatment that can give you a beautiful, natural-looking smile. HD Dental Studios provides an array of dental treatments and procedures to meet the needs of our patients of every age. By blending quality patient care with state-of-the-art technologies, we’re able to treat patients of all ages in a comfortable, stress-free environment. Dr. Hank and his experienced staff are trained not only to treat patients, but to pinpoint the root cause of the health problem in the first place. This makes patients of HD Dental Studios on the road to recovery and long-term oral health.
| Dental Veneers in Culver City, CA
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are designed with a thin shell adhered to the front of teeth to improve their appearance. They can be made from porcelain or resin-composite materials and are permanently bonded to your teeth.
If you’re looking to correct cosmetic concerns like chipped, broken, or discolored teeth, veneers may be a good option for you. Veneers are also commonly used to make small teeth appear larger.
Only a few people will need to replace just one tooth to get a fairly even smile, but others get between six and 8 veneers to achieve their goal. Those who receive veneers on the top front teeth, on average, get veneers on the rest.
Why is a dental veneer procedure performed?
Veneers may improve the appearance of your teeth if Dr. Hank recommends them. Veneers are not right for everyone. Good oral hygiene and avoiding teeth grinding are important for keeping veneers healthy. Talk to Dr. Hank to see if veneers are a good option for you.
Dentists may recommend dental veneers to improve the cosmetic appearance of teeth that are:
- Chipped or cracked teeth which do not require more extensive procedures, such as a root canal and dental crown, may require a root canal.
- Discolored teeth that appear yellow, brown or gray can be caused by a number of factors, including smoking, drinking coffee or tea, eating certain foods and poor dental hygiene.
- Misshapen or misaligned teeth, including those with gaps between them, can negatively impact both the appearance and function of your smile. In some cases, gums may have receded away from the teeth, resulting in an uneven gum line. Crooked teeth can also make it difficult to clean all surfaces of the tooth, which can lead to more plaque buildup and an increased risk for dental decay.
How is a dental veneer procedure performed?
The procedure typically includes these following stages:
1. You will recline in the dentist chair during your procedure. A clear shield will be placed over your eyes to protect them from any spraying liquids or dental instruments.
2. Some dental veneer procedures require anesthesia and some don’t. If you feel anxious, Dr. Hank will inject a local analgesic in the gums near your teeth. The anesthetic numbs pain during the procedure. Dr. Hank can also apply a topical anesthetic to numb the gums partially before the injection.
3. Dr. Hank will reduce tooth thickness by removing some of the natural tooth structure.
4. Dr. Hank will etch the surface of your teeth to securely attach the veneer to them.
5. If you are receiving porcelain veneers, Dr. Hank will to make an imprint (impression) of your teeth. Dr. Hank or a lab will use the impression of your teeth to create veneers that fit correctly. This typically takes one to two weeks. While you wait for the final veneers to be created, Dr. Hank places a temporary veneers on your teeth to cover them.
6. Composite veneers do not require a mold or lab to work with. They’ll be ready to be installed that same day.
7. Dr. Hank will apply veneers to your teeth and then cover them with a special cement.
8. Dr. Hank will hold an instrument that creates a blue light beam aimed at your teeth so as to harden the cement and veneers.
Will you feel pain?
At our office, your comfort and relaxation are always a top priority. If you’re receiving local anesthetic injections, you may feel brief sharp pinches. However, we can often apply a topical anesthetic beforehand to help mitigate any discomfort. Please don’t hesitate to ask Dr. Hank about this option.
Our latest tech has significantly allowed us to provide efficient service.
We work to develop long-term relationships while providing high-quality care.
We would be happy to address any concerns you may have in our dentistry.
We invite you to visit our dental office. Our skilled professionals provide high-quality care and services. We are excited to meet you and help with all of your dental needs!